Sadly before I can get started into this Revamp, we've estimated it would launch August 15th, which is as we all know, two months and 5 days away. How-ever I'm allowing you the players to choose what we can do, keep in mind, that currently I am only one man, working on five other projects plus completing my final year of schooling along with my head developer. The choices are:
Option 1: Re-direct GlacialRealms to my second Network BoostedNetwork, for the release of our Custom Factions server on their until GlacialRealms is finished.
- Active player base on BoostedNetwork for months, reaching close to 200 players some weekends.
- Two high profile Youtubers one Greek and one English, which have been playing for several months.
- Brand new custom factions release, with planned Youtubers to be released with, non-broken economy.
- Keeps GlacialRealms players together as we're all still together on Boosted.
- You will be testing and seeing some plugins and ideas which will be implemented to Glacial, therefore you can have your opinion on what you like and dislike, so we can make adjustments for Glacial's revamp.
- We will be rewarding for /f top, /is top and /vote top how-ever the /f top and /is top prizes will be reduced to:
- 150USD Buycraft Voucher
- 100USD Buycraft Voucher
- 75USD Buycraft Voucher
- These vouchers can either be redeemed on BoostedNetwork or GlacialRealms on release.
- With this revamp, it will allow my developers and myself to spend time on Glacial without accidentally breaking things on a live server, or over-loading the server itself by overheating the CPU with more servers. Plus we plan to release GlacialRealms with two Faction Youtubers, two Skyblock Youtubers and one Prison Youtuber, email every single user on Glacial Forums and start advertising through Glacial Twitter.
Option 2: Is basically to try and save GlacialRealms even though it's had numerous dupes from the past few weeks, and changing plugins will break spawners, money notes, EXP bottles plus lots more, some players have had some ideas on how to fix these issues, I like them not they're simply not viable for such a big Network if we were to fix and replace everyone's items, as Swift released with over 100+ players.
- Ranks will not transfer over due to it not being a merge, therefore people will have to sadly wait 2 months, to once again use their donation perks.
- Complete different set of rules and allowed/disallowed mods.
Overall, I'm leaving this up to the players, but you have 6 days to vote, as Boosted Factions is releasing then, we will automatically re-direct GlacialRealms IP over to Boosted.
Glacial Realms Full Scale Revamp!
Hello Warriors, you may be wondering and questioning what I have been doing the past couple months, personally it does look like absolutely nothing, but I assure you we’ve attempted to revive and save this release numerous times, but we’ve been faced with countless setbacks including dupes, spawner issues, mob stacking issues and lag. Sadly the server has gone past a saving point, this post will not include a date or time for a revamp, as I’m not going to force this out within a month or two, Why? Simply because our Developers and Builders won’t be finished by then. Down below will be my suggestions along with a few staff, for our next Full Scale Revamp of the Network.
- New Rank and rank name changes, Glacial will be the Number one rank again, which will require purchasing, while Snowfall will be added in to counter for the name double up. All ranks will be automatically fixed and adjusted on server release.
- Frost → Ice → Snowfall → Arctic → Blizzard → Avalanche → Glacial
- Brand new maps for every single build, we're starting from scratch.
- Brand new staff guide and server rules, which will be more though out, publicly posted and highly detailed.
- Change in allowed and disallowed mods, including removal of Printer on all servers but Cannon and Creative. For Factions we will be introduced a new plugin where you pay In-game money to paste a cannon.
- Ban page reset apart from Chargebacks and SwiftSwamp Blacklists.
- Last three weeks of all key purchases and similar items will be re-sent through, all donator ranks through Buycraft, however will not be touched.
Skyblock changes will include:
- Brand new stable, economy, which has been tested and proven to be stable for numerous months.
- Removal of server lag, spawner stacking, hopper plugin, auto sell signs and dupes.
- Complete re-code of all SwiftSwamps past custom plugins, to be highly optimised and reduce server load.
- Implementation of over 20 new plugins, including many custom plugins ranging from HeadGUI's, Challenges, second economy using shards, player time and lots more.
Factions changes will include:
- We will be using a similar Spawner Upgrade Plugin to Skyblock, but it will have some slight adjustments to make it suit more with Factions and the economy.
- We will be having some new Bosses along with an Auto Spawn timer for the Bosses or you could simply purchase one through /buy.
- Factions will also include a Full Week period before someone can leave a Faction and to all the new Factions who are hoping to grow will have a Full Week Grace Period to get started before Raiding and Explosive Damage is enabled.
- Creeper spawners have a Five Percent Chance to drop a full TnT.
- Anyone can fly anywhere using EXP, but a certain donor rank (Undecided) will be able to fly in their claimed land and allied land, for no charge.
Will be 100% Custom by @AMinecraftDev, who will be working on bringing the best Prison experience around. It will also include completely new builds for the spawn as well as the mines.
KitMap is something new to myself, therefore I will be visiting numerous popular KitMap servers with my developers with the aim to ultimately combine and make the best KitMap experience possible. We will try and offer as many new and custom ideas.
Normal Creative world, with plots that are 124x124 plus we’re going to have a 20kx20k Freebuild world for people who apply on Forums, we will have a spawn prebuilt for players which will be protected, there will be no griefing etc.
With Cannon, we plan to allow it so you can upload your schematics to a database where you can test at anytime, currently I'm also pretty in-experienced with Cannon servers, but I will bring in some outside help from other cannon server owners and developers.
Finally, I do realise that I've mainly only included detail in Skyblock and Factions, as those two servers I have a very clear vision of what I'd like to personally do. I will continuously keep all players up to date with builds, plugins and more.